The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

The College and Career Center, Lakewood Highschools Hidden Treasure

Aniya Williams | SNN
In Lakewood High School’s College and Career Center classroom, sits USF’s admissions information papers on Nov. 10. University of South Florida (USF) is a public research university with the main campus being in Tampa, Florida. “I do not think college is for everyone. Everyone isn’t the same. Each student somewhat knows what’s best for them,” school coordinator Brandon Cooper said.

Lakewood Highschool’s College and Career Center is a phenomenal source for students looking for help in figuring out their life after high school. Managed by College and Career Center Readiness Cordnatior Brandon Cooper, he helps students with anything post-secondary related.

“It’s just a hub of resources,” Cooper said. The College and Career Center is a place where students can come in and ask questions about things like scholarships, test preparation and essay help.

This upcoming February the College and Career Center is hosting an Essay Writing Workshop for college applications; students will be able to come in and start writing their college application essays or get them reviewed. There will also be many other activities throughout the school year.

“You should really start getting serious about what you think you want to be,” Cooper said.

Copper recommends that students in their second semester Junior year start to think about what they want to do after Highschool.

“I want every student to have a plan for when they leave Lakewood Highschool it’s what the College and Career Center is all about,” Cooper Said

Highschool can be seen as the beginning of the end to a lot of students, but really, it is the foundation for a whole other world of possibilities and opportunities and the College and Career Center is here to help students figure out their plan to be a part of these possibilities.

“Highschool is preparing you for the next phase of life, which is going to be adulthood,” Cooper said.