The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Profile: Evan Wilson

Student athlete who has traveled to 22 states attends Lakewood High School sophomore Evan Wilson is one of Lakewood High School’s athletic students as of 2023-24 school year.
Nyla Snead
Evan runs across the field in his gear during a game.

Evan Wilson is from Saint Petersburg, Florida. He chose to attend Lakewood High School for its football team. He is a part of the school’s ALMA program which covers health science related fields. Wilson favors the program and his teachers.

Wilson’s favorite part of being an athlete at Lakewood High School is the ease with which he can enjoy his favorite sport.

Wilson’s biggest achievement so far is playing both sides in a junior-varsity championship football and winning.

Wilson’s mother is a big motivation for him. She had a baby early and still managed to get multiple nursing degrees. One of them being a bachelor’s in science and nursing.

A passion of Wilson’s is to play football for the NFL, as well as running Olympic track and field.

As for Wilson’s childhood, he played flag football and was constantly outside playing with his friends. Activities such as going to the beach and hanging around his friends’ house were the norm for his childhood.

A casual day for Wilson looks like him going to school, walking home, doing homework, chores, and then working out.

If Wilson could change anything in his life, it would be how long school hours would consist of daily.

Wilson has been to Connecticut, Georgia, Montana, Ohio, South and North Carolina, Illinois, California, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, New York, Arizona, Wisconsin, Arkansas, New Jersey, Maine, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Alabama, Oregon, and Indiana.

But out of all his visited states, he favored New York, specifically New York City. He described the experience as different and how it’s different from Saint Petersburg, Florida.

“Saint Petersburg isn’t like other cities. It’s always fun seeing new cities in different states,” said Wilson.