The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Starbucks Faces Questions About Where Money Goes

Amidst the war that’s going in Gaza, Starbucks finds itself in a world of controversy.
CNN
Boycott taking place at a Starbucks location.

Starbucks, the big coffee company, is in hot water over claims that it might be sending money to groups in the Middle East. Some people are upset about this and are talking about boycotting Starbucks.

Here’s what’s going on, some rumors online say that Starbucks is giving money to groups in a faraway place called Palestine. This has made a lot of people mad because they think it’s not fair for a big company to take sides in a complicated political situation.

Even though Starbucks says it’s not true and that there’s no proof, some customers aren’t buying it. They want Starbucks to show them exactly where the money is going. People are even posting videos online of them throwing away their Starbucks cups to show they’re not happy.

This situation is making us think about how big companies can sometimes get involved in things that are happening far away. Some people say that companies should be careful and not take sides in political fights. As this story keeps going, Starbucks has a big challenge to show people it’s doing the right thing and to get back the trust of its customers. We’ll keep watching to see what happens next.