The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Into the Mind of Josh Naaman: Designer, Drummer, and Podcaster

CJAM’s most recent guest speaker, Josh Naaman delves even deeper into the art of podcasting.
Josh+Naaman+poses+with+the+CJAM+senior+class+at+Lakewood+High+School+on+Dec.+12.+Josh+Naaman+is+CEO+of+Naaman+Creative.+We+are+doing+more+good+with+our+top+tier+creative+production+%2B+marketing+expertise.+-Naamancreative.com+
Josh Naaman poses with the CJAM senior class at Lakewood High School on Dec. 12. Josh Naaman is CEO of Naaman Creative. “We are doing more good with our top tier creative production + marketing expertise.” -Naamancreative.com

Lakewood High’s CJAM program explores some of the career paths in the field of Journalism. Podcasting is one of the paths that are explored.

Josh Naaman is the host of the Naaman Creative Show, a podcast where he explores the creative people in our community and beyond hosted by his namesake company Naaman Creative.

The Naaman creative show isn’t his first podcast. He got his start in podcasting with The Belief Books, exploring climate change denial in his first episode.

But podcasting wasn’t the field he expected to end up. Before his career in podcasting, Naaman pursued a career in music and audio engineering. He used to be a guitarist, then a singer, and in college he found the drums.

“I’ve always been passionate about creating, creating music, creating art designs,” said Naaman.

“I just like producing things that were not there before, that no one else had produced,” said Naaman.

He used to be a drummer for the band PM Tiger, even played at the Ruth Eckerd Hall and Hard Rock casino.

He went to Purdue University as an undergraduate and found another passion of his in teaching. He went into the field of digital design, working on things from websites to illustration.

“I used to think I wasn’t a good learner,” Naaman said.

Before high school, he didn’t have much confidence in himself, and believed that he wasn’t living to his potential.

Then he began to see his potential in high school, and started to develop faith in himself, eventually becoming one of the top 10 students at his university. He attributes this to working hard and applying himself in his work.

Naaman stresses the importance of getting involved, not just in your community, but in your career field as well. He believes that college is half the battle.

One of these organizations he was involved in was SIGGRAPH, which he participated as a student volunteer in 2014, when the conference was held in Vancouver, Canada.

Famous for showing Pixar’s first animated short, SIGGRAPH is a 50-year-old organization that creates conferences focusing on art and technology.

When he got his degrees, he began to start thinking about creating his own business. Getting degrees in the field of science and media arts, he began to delve into the world of audio production.

Naaman likes making podcasts because he loves creating things, he loves asking questions, and he loves to hear how people talk to others. He named his podcast the Naaman Creative Show because it gives him room to be flexible.

The Naaman Creative Show updates every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month and can be found at https://naamancreative.com/ and other podcast hosts. His upcoming episode features an ad spot showcasing CJAM students.