The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Bars Mitzvah

“BLP Kosher’s Coming of age, and breaking norms.”
https://www.complex.com/music/a/eric-skelton/blp-kosher-interview-april-2023
Benjamin Landy Pavlon, better known by his stage name BLP Kosher, is an American rapper from Deerfield Beach, Broward County, Florida.

BLP Kosher is an up-and-coming rapper who breaks norms about rappers and the lives they live. As his stage name suggests Kosher is a practicing Jew and incorporates that into his rap.

Recently Kosher dropped his first full length album titled “Bars Mitzvah.” Although he has released multiple singles this album has blown up with his song “Special K” going viral on TikTok. Koshers’ album catered to expressing his emotions and to the wants of his audience, often together creating emotional and catchy songs.

Koshers fans are mostly in Florida due to his childhood in Broward County, much like the rapper rod wave. The album does not have too many features but has multiple famous producers on it like Chi Chi, Hoodrich Kareem, and De

adinparis.

The album “Bars Mitzvah” is an album that I listen to on the regular and is in my top 15 albums of all time.

My favorite song on the album is 2000’s baby due to its creative beat, uplifting flow and creative lyrics.bh Close behind 2000’s baby for me is the song “The Nac 3” I like this song for its aggressive but complex lyrics and simple beat that allows kosher’s intricate and mesmerizing wordplay to shine.

I feel that Koshers strongest attribute is his lyrics and a few songs caught him outside of his element.

One example of this is my least favorite song on the album “Miami Rainbows.” In this song Kosher mumbles, a lot, getting overpowered by the beat and often you couldn’t hear him.

Hopefully in the upcoming future he will make some more great albums like Bars Mitzvah, maybe with more features from some rappers from the same area as Ski Mask the Slump God, or with artists that he has collaborated with before like the Michigan rapper, baby Tron.

Overall, this album was a homerun with a balanced roster of songs that could appeal to almost anyone.

View Comments (1)