The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Usher’s Ultimate Las Vegas Halftime Show

Usher came out and showed everyone what’s up with his Superbowl Halftime performance.

This year’s Superbowl was one for the books, and not just because of the Chief’s surprising win in overtime.

At halftime, the lights shined and opened on the world-famous Usher and the intro to “My Way” began to play.

He was sitting on a throne wearing white fur, while acrobats and dancers performed around him. It was the embodiment of Las Vegas.

Usher played some of his biggest hits including “My boo and Yeah!” Although it wasn’t just Usher turning heads.

There was a star-studded list that performed alongside Usher, including Alicia Keys, Lil Jon, Will.i.am, and Ludacris.

Alicia Keys wore a beautiful red sequin jumpsuit as she sat at the piano, opening “If I ain’t got you.” The chemistry between Usher and Alicia Keys made the performance even more electrifying.

Once Lil Jon and Ludacris hopped on stage, it was a party. Everyone was jumping and dancing to the beat, ready to have fun. The upbeat music and the fantastic energy gave the audience no choice but to have a good time.

Of course, the outfits were a 10/10 with Usher having multiple outfit changes and introducing numerous celebrities wearing blinged out costumes. Ludacris and Lil Jon wore blue and black suits with sparkles and Alicia Keys wore a red cape that went on for miles capturing everyone’s undivided attention.

Whether or not you like Usher’s music, one thing is for sure, his halftime performance was as glamorous as he is, with diamonds, roller-skates and dancing.