The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Dual Enrollment 2024-2025

Dual enrollment applications have opened for courses at SPC or PTC for the 2024-2025 school year.
Learn4life
Advertising material from Learn4life.

Lakewood High School has opened dual enrollment for students interested in taking classes and courses at SPC or PTC for the 2024-2025 school year.

Qualifications students must meet for dual enrollment at SPC are qualifying scores on the College Placement Test, PSAT, PERT, SAT, ACT, or CLT, be in good academic standing, 3.0 GPA on a minimum of seven High School credits in a combination of math, science, English or social studies and at least a cumulative 3.0 unweighted GPA in a particular field of study.

For students interested in taking courses at PTC you must be at least 16 years old and entering your junior or senior year, unweight GPA of 2.0, or 2.5 GPA for medical-related programs, good academic standing, and must have a returned completed application to their High School counselor, with all necessary signatures.

“It makes sense to set yourself up for success once you actually graduate and get to college, that’s less on your plate,” College and Career Counselor Brandon Cooper said.

SPC allows students to take core classes that they will need to graduate college which can also count towards High School graduation requirements, so it gives you a head start saving time as well as money. On the other hand, PTC offers trades such as barbering, cosmetology, practical nursing, etc. So, students can start their own careers once they have completed High School.

“My experience at PTC has been good so far, it has really opened my eyes to see what opportunities are out there for me and made me realize what I want to do after High School,” Senior Jayln Bethune said.

For students who are interested in dual enrollment visit your counselor. Traditional students will last names A-L will visit Guidance Counselors Monica Vann and last names M-Z will visit Leslie Morrow. For all CAT students you will need to see CAT Counciler Steven Schindler.