The Student News Site of Lakewood High School

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Spartan News Network

Rod Wave’s Nostalgia

Lakewood gets sentimental over Rod Wave’s albums.
Nostalgia is the fifth studio album by American rapper and singer Rod Wave. It was released through Alamo Records on September 15, 2023.

On Sept. 15, 2023, Rod Wave released a new album called Nostalgia, students around Lakewood have stated that the album is one of his best and is on top over all his other albums.

“This new album that Rod Wave has made is very relatable to me and I give the songs a 10/10,” Junior Mariah Mitchell said.  This is Rod Waves eighth record of his career. This album contains 18 tracks with 55 minutes runtime.

My favorite song on the album is called “Call your friends”, this album is very relatable to me because it talks about how you should always check up on your friends and make sure they’re doing okay through tough times or just check up on them in general.

“Out of all of his albums, I like this one the most because you can tell by the way he was singing/rapping in the songs it was very relatable and a wake-up call for those who needed to get up and better themselves,” Sophomore Keianni Johnson said.

Rod Waves captured his third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart that was dated on Sept. 30th. Waves childhood and adolescent years started off with a few bumps along the road. When he was in elementary school, Wave’s parents had a divorce.

Then, his father went to jail. With his family not able to support him, he had turned to the streets to make money for himself.

He rose to fame with the 2019 single “Heart on Ice”, which went viral on YouTube and TikTok and peaked at number 25 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Wave’s debut album, Ghetto Gospel also 2019, peaked at number 10 on the US Billboard 200.

“I loved his oldest single Heart on Ice, it didn’t relate to me, but I liked the beat and the rhythm of the music and his voice, and how he was on beat and talked about his life and his love life,” sophomore Angeliah Williams said.

View Comments (5)