Lakewood Spartans go to New York

CAT and FBLA’s New York trip for February is back after last year’s cancelation.

JADE MARKS

A group of FBLA members wait outside the main auditorium packed for the FBLA State Leadership Conference in 2020.

JULES EAST, SNN Staff Writer

IT Director Christopher Borg is helping the Spartans take on New York. The trip is open to juniors and seniors who are a part of the Center for Advanced Technologies (CAT) and/or Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). Participants will stay in New York from Feb. 18 – Feb. 22.

The purpose of the trip is to expose students to opportunities and a new city.

“(Students can see what it’s like) working in a big city, following their dreams and realizing they can do whatever the heck they want to do in life,” Borg said.

Students will visit sites such as the Statue of Liberty, Greenwich Village and the 9/11 Memorial and learn how technology and business apply in a big city. The trip is $2,000 per person.

Palm Harbor and Osceola High Schools will also be attending. Pinellas County has been offering trips like this to high schools for the past seven years, except last year due to health safety concerns. For information on how to sign up, contact Borg at [email protected].