The annual CJAM banquet is here once again

The Journeys in Journalism banquet is scheduled for May 2, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m..

The 2022-2023 Spartan News Network editors pose for a photo at the CJAM banquet on May 2, 2022.

BELLA CROTEAU, SNN Staff Writer

The information for the 2023 Journeys in Journalism banquet has officially been announced. Held at the Poytner Institute, this event will go from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 2. The end-of-year banquet will have a buffet style dinner, along with multiple speeches and announcements regarding this year’s students and important information for next year too. 

The founders of the Cynda Mort Scholarship and Peggy Peterman Book Scholarship will be giving checks to their respective recipients. Other honors will be presented.

Lakewood student and staff speakers will include SNN Editor in Chief senior Bella Croteau, Alpha-Omega Editor in Chief senior DeMarria Raiford, Chief Photographer senior James Cruickshank, journalism teacher Christopher Mosher and more. 

Not only will Lakewood’s work be highlighted, but John Hopkins Middle School and Melrose Elementary School will also be presenting their works including photography, videography and more

“I’ve never been before, but I’m excited to see my students dress up and have fun,” Mosher said. 

Tickets are $20.00 per person and can be paid in cash in C100 or through the Journeys in Journalism website. Attendees must RSVP by April 26. Dress-code is business casual.