Graduation day is soon approaching

The date for graduation has been announced.

Lakewood+graduate+LaShannan+Lyons+walks+to+the+stage+at+the+2022+graduation+ceremony.+

BELLA CROTEAU | SNN

Lakewood graduate La’Shannan Lyons walks to the stage at the 2022 graduation ceremony.

MARGARITA MUNOZ, SNN Staff Writer

The Lakewood High School graduation date is announced to be May 17, 2023, at 10 a.m. The graduation will be held at Tropicana Field.

Parking is $10.00 and parking will be in lots 6 and 7. Lot 3 will be for ride shares (i.e., Uber, Lyft, Taxi etc.). Tropicana field is a no cash venue meaning all parking is by credit card only.

All people and packages will be scanned before entry into Tropicana Field. No signs, flowers/gifts, air horns, strollers, backpacks, coolers and bags of any kind exceeding 16″ x 8″, alcoholic beverages, weapons of any kind; including firearms, knives and chemical sprays larger than 0.5 ounces; fireworks or other explosives, items that could be projectiles, cameras with lenses longer than 12”, lasers, anything that can obstruct the view of other fans, footwear with wheels, other items as determined by Tropicana Field security and Rays staff and any outside food or beverages may be brought into the stadium.

There will be no vending of food or drinks at the field during the graduation ceremony.

Prohibited items will not be stored. If you have any of these items with you, they may be returned to your vehicle or discarded.

For those with handicap accessibility needs: family member(s) who are unable to walk from the car may use the car circle in front of gate 4 to drop off the family member(s). Tropicana Field does not provide wheelchairs. Please ensure guests bring their own wheelchairs or other ambulatory assistive devices to assist them getting to their seats.