Categories:

Media Center Under New Management

Dennis Russo takes over as the new Media Center Specialist.
Media Center Specialist David Russo works diligently in the Library checking out textbooks for students.
Owen Blair-Catala

The media center is known for students coming together, and now a new smiling face is greeting them when they walk in.  

Dennis Russo, formerly Assistant Principal, has become in charge of the Media Center. He has been putting in overtime to ensure that students feel welcomed when they come in and receive the help they need.  

Russo is also taking care of the Teacher’s Assistants for this year making sure they are comfortable in their locations and receive the support that they need to carry out their tasks. 

Russo has also been helping distribute computers out of the media center this week and last week, which is no easy task. The media center has been constantly filled with students trying to get laptops and textbooks.  

Being a vital part of the Media Center allows him to connect with students on a different level than he did before. He gets to be with the football team after school in their study hall and gets to hear the amazing pep talks Coach Moore has for his team.  

This new position for Russo is a welcome change, he now has time for all the things he loves to do, and even has time to try out some new hobbies, including playing pickleball and training for Master’s Track and Field.  

When asked how he feels about his new position he said, “I feel amazing! I really enjoy the atmosphere of a vibrant library. A lot of projects run through the library and I love working with students and staff to get things done and maybe learn some new things along the way.”  

Russo also has big plans for the library to enhance students’ experience. Some of his plans include hosting an open mic poetry slam, starting up a Boys Read Team, and surveying the student body on what they want to see from the library. Russo also has plans for some new decor in the Media Center. He wants to include a major college and career vibe to encourage and motivate students.  

The amazing and uplifting energy that Russo has been exuding makes me and all the other students on campus excited for what he will do with the Media Center this school year.