Senior Drive-Through Procession

Seniors will be able to drive together to Tropicana Field the day of graduation.
Flyer for the Senior drive-through procession.

On Thursday morning at 10:30 am, Lakewood seniors will arrive on campus with their cars covered in Lakewood decorations to show off their school spirit. Once the seniors arrive on campus, they will be escorted by police all the way to Tropicana Field for their graduation.  

At the senior class meeting last Friday on May 10, Principal Connishea Garcia handed out Lakewood Spartan flags for students to put on their cars for the procession. Also, Garcia told the students that there would be gifts for seniors that go all out with decorating their car.  

Students can RSVP for the event via the flyer posted on the school website.

Many students are excited about this new tradition. This drive-through procession gives the seniors a final chance to be together before becoming high school graduates.  

“I am very excited for this new tradition. I’m happy that they are starting it this year so I can be a part of it. It (the drive-through procession) gives me a chance to show off my car,” Senior Donovan Cooper stated.  

This procession not only further celebrates all the hard work seniors have put in for the past four years, but it also gives a sense of togetherness before they walk across the stage and get their diplomas.  The class of 2024 has put in so much work and effort to get where they are today, so I feel that a drive-through procession is the least we can do to celebrate them.

When the seniors drive off the Lakewood Campus for the final time, it will be the last time they leave as students.